Friday, March 1, 2013

Sew in Tune - Birds and Boats

I absolutely LOVE music, so when I saw a music inspired sew-a-long, I just had to join in! The song that kept popping into my head was Boats & Birds by Gregory and the Hawk. My sister thought it was one of the perfect love songs, but I totally disagree. I immediately thought of my relationship with my kids while listening to it. Here's the lyrics to the first verse:

If you be my star
I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
When I turn jet black
And you show off your light
I live to let you shine
I live to let you shine

But you can skyrocket away from me
And never come back if you find another galaxy
Far from here with more room to fly
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by


Can you kind of see what I mean? Perfect for a mommy/kiddo relationship.




So on to the outfit. My first design thought consisted of a hoodie with jeans, but with spring not too far off and plenty of winter clothes, I decided I'd start on summer stuff, so the hoodie was thrown out and a hooded shirt was decided upon instead. I used the Flashback Skinny Tee and just drafted a hood to add. I also decided to keep it a bit more simple and just write the first sentence. I used a freezer paper stencil and cut out all the words. Then I used white paint and then put glow-in-the-dark paint on top of it. That way, when it is jet black, my little guy can still shine.
As for the jeans, I've had this super cool slightly stretchy, heavier material FOREVER. I knew they would make the coolest little pair of jeans, so I used the "Skinny Jeans" pattern from Peek-a-boo Patterns Shop. We can just pretend that they are clusters of stars in the galaxy, right?? lol 

I havn't been able to take the greatest of pics lately, but here's a couple of them on my little guy. 




3 comments:

  1. Those pants are fantastic! What a fun outfit :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVEEEEEE those jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm glad I still have enough to make some jeans in a bigger size for my little guy! :D

      Delete