Sunday, March 24, 2013

Project Run and Play Week 1 - ART

I really love sewing along with Project Run and Play and their new season starts Monday. This season is going to be different than the others and I am so excited about it! 

The first weeks theme is "Inspired by Art". I had a few ideas floating around and then I remembered doing "Picasso Paintings" in school and how much fun that was and I loved the idea of getting the kids involved. 

Here is one of Picasso's paintings:


Now, I have to admit, with the time frame and everything in life being crazy, I cheated and instead of having the kids draw their own face like I originally planned, I grabbed this picture off-line and let Aevarie cut it out. 


I used Heidi & Finns "Playday Dress" as my starting point. Just cause that dress screams comfy and fun. 
Aevarie loves it and thinks this dress is hilarious. 



She wore it to school the next day and was so excited to show everyone her funny person. When she got in the car after school she told me that the kids just told her the dress was weird and that none of them thought it was funny.  Our school could do with some "culture". lol 
I'm glad to say that hasn't stopped her from loving it!





So, that is our "Picasso" Dress. :D

I'm so excited to see what everyone else comes up with for this weeks challenge!




23 comments:

  1. You're done so quickly! This is adorable. And looks so comfy. I love that she didn't care that no one else thought it was funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I feel like I'm lagging behind! I'm really glad she loves it too. I'm hoping I can teach her to have that self-esteem and not care what other people think. :D

      Delete
  2. so fun that you did Picasso! it looks comfy, you are good at sewing with knits (I'm not very good at it at all)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All of the pieces have interfacing and that helped a ton!

      Delete
  3. I love Picasso! And I love that your daughter loves her dress no matter what! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were really inspired by art!!! I bet your daughter will always remember her Picasso dress...even when she sees a Picasso painting when she's in her 20's.
    Deborah
    http://sewmuchtogive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I think so. So far she has grabbed it every time it comes out of the washer and wears and immediately puts it on. :D

      Delete
    2. lol typing and putting kids to bed don't mix! I meant she immediately puts it on when it comes out of the dryer, although I wouldn't doubt the fact that she would still wear it soaking wet! :D

      Delete
  5. This is fantastic! I love the funny person, and I love that your daughter wears it so proudly! Great job!
    Heather@ http://nobusinesslikesewbusiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is her faces to go with the painting. Very cute.
    I love the style of dress too!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is bit of a ham, so I think the styling fits her personality really well! :D

      Delete
  7. Looks awesome! I am glad that she still likes the dress even though other kids don't. Love independent minded girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! That's one of the biggest things I'm hoping to teach my children. To be themselves no matter what the world thinks. :D

      Delete
  8. This is fantastic well done! Your daughter looks fab in it too :)

    bugandsquish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool and unique! Love that pattern. I have it, but have not tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you should try it! My Aevarie loves it!

      Delete
  10. I think this dress is AWESOME---the colors, the face---it's just plain cool.
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete